Spring has sprung – almost, we’re still waiting for ‘jacket weather’ to become ‘sweater weather’ – and once again Easter is upon us.
Like most designers, we’re suckers for a nice bit of packaging, clever presentation or an original take on a classic product. We’re also suckers for a good bit of chocolate! So in the name of research we’ve headed out to the chocolate-loaded streets to find our pick of the bunch.
We’ve asked the creative team to pick one or two eggs they love and tell us why.
- It’s crafty! And we are desiiiiiiignerrrrs that are ALWAYS without erasers!
- Erasers are carefully sourced from around the world.
- Gorgeous simplistic packaging – nice use of pattern and easter colours.
- Dark chocolate – the ONLY chocolate worth eating.
- You get an egg cup to keep for life.
- Big fan of Mary Rose Young.
- It looks kind of funny, in a cool way.
- Love an egg sandwich and chocolate but this takes it to another level.
- Can I get away with eating this for lunch?
- I hope it doesn’t taste like egg. Ew.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Really cute!
- Not only is it on-point from a visual perspective (who doesn’t love a bunny right?) but its plastic free…2 birds/1 stone.
- This company have tonnes of fabulous Easter eggs.
- I think this is flat pack genius.
- I love the way it is so targeted for the Ikea customer.
- Nice simple design with modern colours too.
- Being Northern, a big fan of Betty’s.
- Beautiful intricate piping.
- Lovely soft contrasting colours that enhances every detail of the design.
- Containing over five kilos of Grand Cru Swiss chocolate – should last a little while – like maybe a day.
- Because it’s 1.4kg of chocolate!
- It has FIVE eggs.
- It love the concept of eggs inside other eggs (like a Russian doll).
- Insanely satisfying ombre.
- Minimalist packaging.
- They remind me of dip dyeing eggs as a kid.
- Iconic and instant nostalgia inducing packaging.
- No gimmicks, does what it says on the tin.
- Seeing cream eggs popping up in shops is a reminder for all that Easter is coming. Like the Coca-cola advert for Christmas.
- Inspired by a trip to the Tate Modern, the shape pulls from the popular low poly recent trend.
- Mint chocolate, ultimate flavour combination.
- It takes the world’s obsession with avocados to new heights.
- Green chocolate looks odd but hey it’s still chocolate.
- It’s still a super food, right?!
- I love these because hello, dragons!?
- Funky colours and great attention to detail
- Super cheap and cheerful
So there we have it! Chocolate egg galore.
Happy Easter everyone!